SIGNIFICANT INVESTOR VISA
BUSINESS INNOVATION AND INVESTMENT Permanent Residence (SUBCLASS 888)
The Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) allows you to manage your business and investments in Australia.
What this visa lets you do?
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
You might be able to get this visa if you are nominated by a state or territory or the Australian government; and
- hold a provisional Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 188) and have met the requirements of that visa in the stream in which you first applied
- hold a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or a Business (Long stay) visa (subclass 457IE) and have met the requirements of the business innovation stream.
You must meet certain health requirements. However, most applicants for this visa will not be required to complete additional health examinations. Do not arrange a health examination until we ask you to.
You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more duringthe past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age. Do not arrange for police certificates until we ask you to.This applies to you and all the dependent family members listed in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
Debts to the Australian Government
You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted