REGIONAL SPONSORED WORK VISA
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
This information explains what is required of you if you want to nominate a skilled worker (and dependent family members included in their application) for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494).
Which employers can use the program?
You can nominate a skilled worker for this by meeting the following:
- Employer must be located in a designated regional Australia, everywhere except Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Regional areas include Perth, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Lake Macquarie, Illawarra, Geelong, Newcastle, Wollongong, Adelaide, Hobart and Canberra.
- Position be on the list of eligible occupations
- Position must be full time and likely be available for 5 years
- employer will need approval from the Regional Certifying Body (RCB)
- Employer must pay the Australian Market Salary Rate (AMSR)
Benefits of the 494 visa:
Can apply for permanent residence without a second nomination stage, if eligible, through the subclass 191 visa (commences 16 November 2022)Lower cost to employers with only one SAF levy stage for the subclass 494 nomination (compared to the two stages for the current subclass 482 to ENS subclass 186 permanent resident pathway)
Conditions and pathway to PR:
Must live and work for 3 years on the 494 visa in regional areas to get Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) 191 Visa
Can move between jobs but will have 90 days to find a new nominator
Cannot apply for any other skilled PR or 820 partner visa for 3 years
Eligible for Medicare on 494 visa – Health insurance not required
Contact our office for a commitment free briefing with us.